You are reading

No Arrests After Ridgewood Man Struck, Killed by Car off Cypress Avenue Last Month: NYPD

Cypress Avenue and Grove Street. (Google Maps)

Dec. 20, 2018 By Laura Hanrahan

A Ridgewood resident was struck and killed by a car at a Cypress Avenue intersection last month in a case that has resulted in no arrests so far.

Jorge Segundo, 52, was walking through the crosswalk at Grove Street and Cypress Avenue in Ridgewood on Nov. 26 when he was struck by a 2006 Honda CRV at around 7:15 p.m.

The 22-year-old driver, according to police, was heading west on Cypress Avenue when he turned left onto Grove Street and struck the victim.

EMS responded to the scene and provided emergency care to Segundo, who was unconscious and with trauma to the head, police said.

Segundo was then rushed to Elmhurst Hospital, where he died just days later on Nov. 29.

The 22-year-old driver remained at the scene of the crash, and was issued a summons for failure to yield to a pedestrian, but was not arrested.

The NYPD said it is continuing to investigate the incident.

email the author: news@queenspost.com
No comments yet

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

Crunching the Queens crime numbers: grand larcenies down across borough, rapes halved in the north, robberies decrease in the south

Apr. 17, 2024 By Ethan Marshall

The number of grand larcenies across Queens was down during the 28-day period from March 18 to April 14, compared to the same period of time last year, according to the latest crime stats released by the NYPD Monday. At the same time, rapes and robberies decreased significantly in northern and southern Queens, respectively.